New IHA president and vice presidents elected
The newly-elected IHA Board gathered in London last week for its first meeting.
During the three days of meetings, the Board elected Ken Adams (Manitoba Hydro) as new IHA president, as well as the following vice presidents: Colin Clark (Brookfield Asset Management), Roy Adair (Sustainable Energy Services), Lin Chuxue (China Three Gorges Corporation), Gil Maranhão Neto (GDF Suez Energy Brasil), Roland Muench (Voith Hydro), and Karin Seelos (Statkraft).
The Board also confirmed the roles of eight committees that will be responsible for overseeing and guiding different parts of IHA's work programme over the next two-year period.
The committees and their roles are as follows:
- Governance: to monitor the implementation of rules and regulations laid down in the IHA Constitution and Bye-Laws, and to take the lead in updating the Constitution and Bye-Laws by drafting proposals for consideration of the Board.
- Finance: to recommend to the Board financial policies, targets, and budgets that support the mission, values, and strategic goals of the association
- Sustainability: to provide guidance from an industry perspective on the implementation of the Hydropower Sustainability Assessment Protocol and to advise the Board on matters of policy relating to hydropower sustainability
- Communications: to guide the work strategy of the central office communications team
- Membership: to oversee and guide the association's actions to deliver value to members
- Hydropower commercial and statistics: to provide guidance on policy and communications related to hydropower statistics and commercial issues (finance, investment, statistics)
- Hydropower science and policy: to provide guidance on hydropower science and related policy issues (energy, climate and water policies and science)
- World Hydropower Congress: to guide work leading up to the 2-15 World Hydropower Congress, including development of the programme and recruitment of sponsors and partners