IHA Board elections: call for candidates
Nominations have opened for the forthcoming IHA Board elections, which will take place between May and July 2015.
The elections will determine the IHA Board members that will lead the association’s work in the 2015–17 period.
“We encourage our members to participate widely in these elections,” said Richard Taylor, Chief Executive of IHA. “We are hoping for a strong field of candidates, reflecting the diversity of experience and expertise that exists in our membership throughout the world.”
Election candidates must be either be an individual member of IHA, or employed by a corporate member.
If elected, candidates must also be willing to contribute in meeting the shared responsibilities of the Board, and commit to attend the majority of its meetings. The Board meets three times every year.
How to stand as a candidate
To stand as a candidate in the IHA Board elections, you need to fill in a nomination form, which you can download here, to confirm your interest.
The schedule for the 2015 elections is as follows:
- 24 April: Closing date for candidate nominations
- 19 May: Candidates are presented at the IHA General Meeting in Beijing, China, at the 2015 World Hydropower Congress
- 12 June: Voting opens (ballot forms are distributed to members)
- 24 July: Deadline for voting closes
- 31 July: Election results are announced
- 21–23 September: First meeting of the new Board, London, UK
You can read our five-step guide to standing in the board elections here.
If you wish to stand for election, please send your completed nomination form to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax it to +44 208 643 5600, or post it to IHA Central Office, International Hydropower Association, Nine Sutton Court Road, Sutton, London, SM1 4SZ, UK.