IHA Young Researcher Award
The IHA Young Researcher Award recognises and rewards emerging talent in the hydropower sector. It was first presented at the 2015 World Hydropower Congress in Beijing, and was awarded again at the 2017 event in Addis Ababa.
The award will next be presented at the 2019 World Hydropower Congress, which is taking place between 14 and 16 May at the UNESCO headquarters in Paris, France. The 2019 award is open to anyone born after 31 December 1988.
Up to five shortlisted entrants will have their work published on the IHA website with a full author profile. The winner will receive one year's individual IHA membership and a free registration to the 2019 World Hydropower Congress.
Typically, a submission needs to be:
- Relevant to at least one of the topics under discussion at the 2019 World Hydropower Congress (view the Congress programme);
- Focused on research that has largely (and demonstrably) taken place since 1 January 2017;
- No more than 1,500 words;
- Accompanied by any relevant images for publication on the IHA website;
- Written in a way that makes your research accessible to a wider audience, who may not be familiar with the subject;
- Accompanied by a picture of yourself and a short biography (no more than 100 words), for use should you be selected to be displayed on the IHA website;
- Accompanied by the following information: your name, date of birth, contact details and, if applicable, proof of affiliation with a university or other academic institution.
The deadline for entry to the upcoming award is 3 March 2019.
Read articles by past IHA Young Researcher award winners:
- A geospatial assessment of small-scale hydropower potential in Sub-Saharan Africa – Alexandros Korkovelos, 2017
- A new modelling framework for assessing hydropower’s GHG footprint – Sara Mercier-Blais, 2017
- Strategic planning of hydropower portfolios minimises dam sediment trapping and maximises economic benefits in large river basins – Rafael Schmitt, 2017
- The case for versatile hydrophobic rare-earth oxide coatings in hydropower systems – Sami Khan, 2015
If you would like any more information or to make a submission, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org